THIS IS A DONATION - if you would like to purchase masks for your family, please select the Non-Medical Face Masks product.
Please consider joining us in our effort to distribute as many non-medical face masks as possible to the vulnerable people in our community. So far we have donated masks to organizations such as Feed the Need Durham, the Back Door Mission centralized crisis centre, the Welcoming Streets Program and the Cornerstone emergency shelter.
Our Tally as of May 15th: 1265 MASKS (will be updated)
Feed the Need Durham - 375 masks (April 1st, April 15th, April 21st)
Back Door Mission - 200 masks (April 9th, April 24th)
Welcoming Streets Program - 270 masks (April 10th, April 14th, April 30th)
Cornerstone Shelter - 120 masks (April 21st)
The Refuge Youth Outreach Centre - 300 masks (May 15th)
We strongly believe that the best impact we can make in our community is to make these masks immediately available to those of us who do not have the means to purchase masks, and who do not have the luxury of being able to self-isolate. We would like to continue to make these masks, but we need your help. The labour and material cost for us to make these masks is $2 a piece. We have made as many as we can on our own, but to continue this effort, donations would be much appreciated.
Thank you so much for your support! Please follow our Instagram for more updates.
If you would like to purchase masks for your family, please select the Non-Medical Face Mask.
- Five (5) single ply masks with 100% cotton woven (non-stretch) fabric
- Colour is either light blue, beige or light yellow, depending on availability
- Box pleat design, approximately 19 cm across x 18 cm high finished dimensions
- Elastic ear pieces (7" loops), either corded loop or 1/8" flat black elastic, depending on availability.
- We do our best to ensure your masks are made in the cleanest way possible at our facility.
- All masks are washed with scent-free detergent & bleach.
- After washing, they are placed in a sterilized box by a person wearing a mask with clean hands.
- The masks are then ironed and steamed at high temperature (>150 deg Celsius) with our industrial high pressure & temperature steam iron.
- The masks are then placed in another sterilized box.
- Once an order is received, the masks are picked from the sterilized box, and steamed again and immediately packaged.